Managing volunteers to help the OAC achieve its goals.
Want to volunteer?
Time commitment: 3 hours/week
Position summary: Act as the point of contact between volunteers and the board of directors/other stakeholders, and help manage volunteer-based projects and events.
- Train volunteers and keep track of them in the OAC’s database;
- Project-manage volunteer projects (maintain project and/or event schedules, answer volunteer questions, ensure volunteers have resources they need to complete their projects);
- Work with other volunteers and board of directors to help the organization run smoothly;
- Work with the board of directors to assess organization’s volunteer recruitment;
- Attend/help run volunteer meetings;
- Help organize volunteer appreciation night.
- A passion for working with people;
- Experience with or a desire to manage people, schedules and projects;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An insatiable appetite to complete self-directed projects;
- Patience and persistence.
By working with us you get:
- The opportunity to strengthen people management and project coordination skills;
- The satisfaction of contributing to the Ontario climbing community;
- Incredible experience working with a team of passionate volunteers;
- Valuable management experience and a work reference; and,
- A volunteer appreciation night.
Please email the OAC Board at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.