We may not be able to enjoy climbing outdoors or even in gyms at the moment, but there are many resources for staying fit at home available at your fingertips! Keeping active is vital not only for your sanity, but also to ensure your body stays healthy so your immune system is ready to respond. We’d like to take this opportunity to share what gyms all across Ontario are doing to help the climbing community at this time. We might be stuck at home and physically distanced, but we’re all in this together.
Check out these resources and see what fits into your schedule. Stay healthy, stay strong, stay happy!
- Arc Climbing & Yoga has created a YouTube channel with a variety of training, yoga, and informational videos to keep you moving.
- Boulder Parc has created a Discord channel to keep the climbing community communicating with each other. Join to chat with members and gym staff alike!
- Boulderz Climbing Centre held a virtual handstand progression challenge on their Instagram account, with prizes for the winners! Follow them and keep your eyes peeled for more challenges to come.
- The Cave posted a 6 episode series of climbing skill challenges that you can try using only equipment you can find in your house.
- You can get a personalized home training plan designed by Gravity Climbing‘s competitive team coach, Liz Maffett. Contact her directly for more details!
- Hub Climbing has put on a variety of home workouts, all streaming on their dedicated Facebook Live Stream account! Follow them to get notifications on the next session, or to watch videos that have already aired.
- Toprock Climbing hosts a dedicated core workout on their Instagram Live feed every Friday at 7pm, with additional workouts sprinkled throughout the week. You can also get a personalized hangboard plan set for you by contacting Kevin Allen!
- Follow Up the Bloc‘s instagram feed for a variety of home workouts from their personal trainers.
- And while not an Ontario gym per se, Gripped has been publishing a progressive stay at home workout series composed by Ontario climber Noah Walker.