Lions Head and Devil’s Glen climbing access is AT RISK.
The OAC is currently in talks with Ontario Parks to address their concerns regarding the impact of climbers in these areas.
As these sensitive discussions progress, please continue to be great ambassadors for our sport by minimizing your impact at all Ontario crags. Steps you can take include:
- Avoid visiting these crags in large groups.
- Please visit other areas when possible. Ontario is home to many great climbing areas. Please do your part by spreading the love to other, less traveled areas!
- Continue to practice good crag etiquette and leave no trace ethics. This also applies to human waste.
- Be proactive in communicating best practices to other climbers.
- Do not visit these crags without the appropriate level of skill.
- Reminder: Lions Head is an advanced crag and it is not suitable for new climbers.
For more information, read our Gym-to-Crag best practices.
We’ll provide updates as conversations with Ontario Parks progress.