Connecting our organization to climbers across the province!
The OAC Gym Rep Program strives to put a face to our name by having volunteers available to chat with you about access and outdoor climbing in Ontario at your home gym and local events.
Feel free to talk to our current reps — they’re always around to chat!
Want to volunteer?
Time commitment: 3 hours/month
Position summary: Act as the point of contact for your home gym. Learn and share OAC news, host OAC info nights (at least) once every couple of months, liaise with gym owners when needed, recruit new members and volunteers, and (possibly) host one-off events.
- Set-up and work an OAC info table at your local gym at least every two months;
- Answer questions and provide information on outdoor climbing ethics to gym climbers;
- Recruit new volunteers and members;
- Sell and record sales of merchandise;
- Attend volunteer meetings; and,
- Help out at OAC events.
- An outgoing personality;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- A self-starter attitude;
- Access to a car (or a bike trailer) is a huge asset.
By working with us you get:
- The satisfaction of contributing to the Ontario climbing community;
- Incredible experience working with a team of passionate volunteers;
- Valuable job experience and a work reference;
- The opportunity to gain a deep knowledge of Ontario access issues and to make a difference by sharing this knowledge with others; and,
- A volunteer appreciation night.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. (Climb elsewhere but still want to rep? Send us an email!)