Want to help out at one of the major OAC events? Consider joining us for the Beaver Valley and Southern Ontario ice festivals as a festival coordinator or a general event volunteer!
We are looking for dedicated, responsible volunteers to run the OAC climbing festivals. These positions are key to the success of the festivals. Successfully carrying out a festival is a rewarding accomplishment! We will provide mentoring and support for the festivals; we do not expect you to come in knowing how to run the festivals.
Position summary: Coordinate the organization of the OAC climbing festivals. Arrange or delegate logistics (venue, food). Motivate and organize event volunteers.
- A passion for working with people;
- Experience with or a desire to manage people, schedules and projects;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An insatiable appetite to complete self-directed projects;
- Patience and persistence.
By working with us you get:
- The opportunity to strengthen people management and project coordination skills;
- The satisfaction of contributing to the Ontario climbing community and of running a successful event with hundreds of participants;
- Incredible experience working with a team of passionate volunteers;
- Valuable management experience and a work reference; and,
- A volunteer appreciation night.
We are looking for a two-year commitment for these positions, due to the extensive training involved.
Southern Ontario Ice Festival
Beaver Valley Climbing Festival
It’s not too soon to think about summer and outdoor rock climbing! We are looking for your help in making the 2018 Beaver Valley Climbing Festival happen.
Volunteers will receive free stay, food, and admiration from all. We are looking for people to help organize the event as well as day-of volunteers.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org to help us bring together the community.