Time commitment: ongoing 2 hours/month
We’re looking for someone to maintain day-to-day functioning of the OAC website (post updates, fix issues as they arise). The OAC webpage runs on WordPress. In particular, the main roles of the position would be to
- update website when needed (i.e., page additions, posting on blog);
- provide strategic advice to the OAC Board of Directors with respect to the use of the website and
- attend volunteer meetings (every other month).
- Experience with website information design (or strong desire to self-teach);
- Experience using WordPress;
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress templates. Bonus: capable of WordPress plugin development (PHP);
- A self-starter attitude and can work with minimal supervision; and
- Excellent project management, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
The OAC can provide technical mentoring and support, as much or as little as needed.
By working with us you get:
- The satisfaction of contributing to the Ontario climbing community;
- The opportunity to strengthen web-design and programming skills;
- Incredible experience working with a team of passionate volunteers;
- Valuable job experience and a work reference;
- A volunteer appreciation night.
Please email Laura Banks, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.