Time commitment: 10 hours
We’re looking for a web designer to help project-manage our website redesign (i.e., upload a new theme, organize navigation and content layout, etc.) The OAC website runs on WordPress. In particular, the main roles of the position would be to:
- lead the restructuring/reorganization of content on OntarioAllianceOfClimbers.ca;
- provide strategic advice to the OAC Board of Directors with respect to the use of the website;
- Experience with website information design (or strong desire to self-teach);
- Experience developing for websites, ideally using WordPress;
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress templates. Bonus: capable of WordPress plugin development (PHP);
- A self-starter attitude and can work with minimal supervision; and
- Excellent project management, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
The OAC can provide technical mentoring and support for this project, as much or as little as needed. (We have the technical capability but not the availability to carry out this project.)
By working with us you get:
- The satisfaction of contributing to the Ontario climbing community;
- The opportunity to strengthen web-design and programming skills;
- Incredible experience working with a team of passionate volunteers;
- Valuable job experience and a work reference;
- A volunteer appreciation night.
Please email Laura Banks, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com to apply.