Fundraising & Outreach Coordinator[pdf version also available]
The Ontario Access Coalition (OAC) is a non-profit organization that works to keep our climbing and bouldering areas open. We are seeking a passionate Fundraising & Outreach Coordinator, preferably with previous fundraising or administrative experience, to serve the Ontario climbing community by accelerating our execution of the OAC strategic plan. As the Fundraising & Outreach Coordinator, your primary responsibilities will be to cultivate strategic partnerships through community outreach and to develop sponsorship and business relationships with OAC stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include social media, volunteer & event coordination, and ongoing support of access initiatives. This is a part time contract position which will interface regularly with the OAC’s Board of Directors. The ideal candidate has a passion for outdoor rock climbing. He or she is a driven self-starter, detail-oriented, has excellent people skills, and enjoys solving problems.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with OAC leadership to develop and implement strategic fundraising initiatives and community outreach plans targeting individuals, businesses, and other organizations involved with the outdoor recreation community.
- Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorships from new and continuing partners.
- Pro-actively submit proposals to potential partners on behalf of the OAC: develop concepts, gather information, and prepare communications.
- Serve as an OAC ambassador in interactions with our partners and the media.
- Collaborate with OAC Social Media Coordinator (volunteer) to ensure timely stakeholder engagement.
- Work towards providing exposure and value for all OAC corporate sponsors.
- Collaborate with OAC Volunteer Coordinator to grow the Gym Rep program. Ensure appropriate tabling opportunities exist. Improve and refine messaging.
- Support events including the Beaver Valley Climbing Festival, Southern Ontario Ice Festival, Halton Region Garlic Pull, Annual General Meeting. Organize new events (Gym to Crag, socials).
- Support all crag/area Portfolio Managers. Synthesize information from relevant bodies. Attend stakeholder meetings where necessary.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and provide administrative support.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and cultivate successful partnerships; keen understanding of fundraising/income development.
- Business development/fundraising experience highly desirable.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, volunteer coordination, and stakeholder relations.
- Experience with low-impact outdoor recreation. Relationships with OAC stakeholders a plus.
- Ability to attend events throughout Southern Ontario (e.g. at popular crags).
- Strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking.
- Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Absolute integrity in dealing with donors, sponsor and business partners.
Conditions: compensation of $2000 per month; flexible work schedule, part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) contract; initial term 1 year, renewable with Board approval and availability of funding.
TO APPLY: To view the complete job posting, please go to www.ontarioaccesscoalition.com/careers. Please send a resume and cover letter with ‘Fundraising & Outreach Coordinator’ in the subject line to email@example.com; questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. For full consideration, please apply by Friday, May 11.
The Ontario Access Coalition is committed to providing accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We will work with applicants selected for the interview and assessment process to accommodate all accessibility needs.
The Ontario Access Coalition is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal opportunities.